The keto was known to be a ketogenic diet which is usually a diet that includes very low carb, where the high-fat diet normally shares so many likenesses with the Atkins and low carb diets. This diet of keto is also involved highly reducing or eliminating of intake of carbohydrates and replacing the substance with fat. However, this substantial reduction in carbs generally puts your body into a state of metabolic where such a condition is called ketosis.
In general, if this condition happens, your body becomes more flexible towards, the body performs incredibly efficient state while burning of fat for energy. The condition in which it has the capacity to turn a fat into ketones in the organ liver, normally in which its further supply energy for the brain to function.
The diet of ketogenic can also cause highly potential reductions in blood sugar and insulin levels in the body. This in general where along with the increase in the number of ketones, also has some health benefits as well.
Different types of ketogenic diets
There are several different types of the ketogenic diet, which includes:
- Standard ketogenic diet (SKD): This diet is significantly a much low carb, with a moderate protein and high level of fat diet. It usually contains 60% fat, 30% protein, and only 20% carbs in it.
- Cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD): This a diet which has the periods of a higher level of carb which refeeds, such as 5 ketogenic days of diet which in general is followed by 3 high carb days.
- Targeted ketogenic diet (TKD): This type of keto diet allows you to add up some amount of carbs around your regular workouts.
- High protein ketogenic diet: This type of keto diet is much similar to a standard ketogenic diet, but in this, it includes much more amount of protein
Other health benefits of keto
The ketogenic diet is much beneficial to the way of the practising agent where it actually originated as a tool for treating a disease of neurological such as epilepsy.
Studies and the researchers as proved, while it was have now shown that the diet can have benefits for a vast range of different health conditions such as:
- Heart disease. The diet ketogenic can help to improve your major risk factors like body fat, HDL cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and blood sugar in the body.
- Cancer.The diet is best practice where it has additional treatment for cancer, because it may help slower the growth of tumour cells.
- Alzheimer’s disease. The keto diet may also help to reduce the actual number of symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and slower down its actual progression.
- Epilepsy. Research and the new the study have shown that the ketogenic diet can also cause significant way of reductions in seizures in epileptic children.