Cold / Cough
- They are common infection of upper respiratory tract
- It is one of the most common illness
- Cold is a mild viral infection of nose, throat and sinus
- Most infections occur in winters
- It is a body’s way of removing foreign material
- Its not a disease but a symptom
- It can be a symptom of various kind of disease like as mild as cold and flu or as severe as asthma or pneumonia , so it better to get it checked out by a doctor .
Self treatment for cough
- Use decongestant spray to unblock your nose and ease breathing
- Elevate your head with extra pillow when sleeping
- Use cough drop to soothe throat
- Gargle with warm saltwater
- Have a hot tea with honey and ginger in it
- Avoid any substance that might create irritation like smoking or dust
- Drink plenty of water
Cold and flu
- Flu is a contagious viral infection . it affects the nose ,throat and lungs . Mostly occurs in winters or at season change.
- The symptoms occur between 2-3 days and last upto 7-14 days .
- Most common symptoms are fever and nasal congestion .
- There can be headache caused due to nasal congestion .
- Your immunity also goes down.
How to take prevention ?
- Exercise and be in a good shape.
- Wash hands regularly.
- Sleep well.
- Drink a lot of water
- Eat well and healthy
- Don’t smoke
When to approach a doctor ?
- If your temperature exceeds 101 degrees for more than 48 hrs
- There is cough with pain the chest
- Shortness of breath
- Persistent sore throat and runny nose
- No improvement within 7 days
- It starts hurting when you swallow
- Severe headache with fever
Natural home remedies for cough and cold and flu
- Garlic juice – it reduces swelling and inflammation , Anti oxidant and cleans out toxins from the body
- Ginger juice – anti microbial , prevents blood vessel blockage , strengthen immune system , fights chest infection and coughs
- Lemon juice – promote immunity , fight infection , strong antibacterial , antiviral , fight infection
- Honey – clears mucus from nose and throat , nutrition rich , heals stomach ulcers , soothes throat
- Apple cider vinegar – treats allergy , removes tiredness
- Turmeric – anti bacterial , anti inflammatory , anti viral , relieve chest congestion