If you are at this page either you are new to this word and is looking for its meaning because you heard it somewhere or someone very close to you (can be yourself too) is suffering from it and you want to understand more and hence you are randomly going through pages after pages.
So let’s get started with what is depression at first
Everyone feels blue or sad and usually these feelings are very short lived and pass within some time or couple of days but if it is consistent throughout there are chances you might be suffering from it.
A lot of people think depression is a mood but medically it is a very common but very serious disease.
I know you might be thinking then why doesn’t the govt focus on this … well according to them they have better issues to take care of but in upcoming years more and more awareness is spreading regarding this.
Like other diseases it does not have any specific age group which it affects . it can affect any age , gender or background.
This disease is so common that it affects almost 121 million people worldwide . thankfully like other diseases it can be diagnosed and treated.
Now lets get into the different signs and symptoms of this disease so it can be easily identified.
- Persistently sad , anxious or “empty” feeling.
- There will be feeling of hopelessness and pessimism
- Feeling of guilt , worthlessness or helplessness
- Irritability , restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies
- Fatigue and low energy
- Difficulty is concentrating, remembering details and decision making
- Insomnia , early morning wakefulness or excessive sleeping
- Overeating or appetite loss
- Thoughts of attempting suicide
- Aches, pains, headaches , cramps or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment.
Now lets come down to what has caused you to have these symptoms
- Genetic and hereditary
- Biological or my medication
- Sociocultural factor / relations
There are also a high chance that you might be taking depression as sadness or vice versa
So how can u identify and differentiate
The biggest diff between the both is time .. sadness does not last longer than 1 or 2 day whereas depression is a constant feeling of sadness that may last for days/weeks or even months
Now as we come at the end of this blog lets just take some time sit bag and realize if there is anyone who might be suffering from the above symptoms
Maybe a friend or colleague or a family member or maybe it can be you yourself
Taking care of mental health is very important and you don’t know what you are feeding to your brain
Hence , if you have any kind of symptoms above focus on those and seek help to get over them before they turn into big.
Lastly there is no way a person cant reinvent themselves just know that it is okay to look for help