Hallucinations are the condition which is general as rarely it occurs to people, which involves seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, as also involve tasting things as well, which feelings are not real. As auditory hallucination disorder involves hearing voices or other types of sounds that actually don’t have any physical source, this condition is the most common type among all.
Hallucinations usually affect the people much frequently who are already affected with psychiatric conditions, including schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, in this case, as you don’t require to have any type of mental illness to get hallucinations.
Types of Hallucinations
There are five types of hallucinations which involves:
Auditory: Hearing some type of voices or some frequent sounds which no one else can hear is the most common type of hallucination, most usually people affected with this condition.
Visual: view problem, which is by seeing the people, colors, objects, or items which are not real, this is a second most common type of hallucination people affected with normally.
Tactile: Feeling sensations or as if you're being touched when you're not.
Olfactory: Smelling something that has no physical source this condition much rarely occurs to some.
Gustatory: Having a taste in your mouth that has no source.
Hallucinations can have a range of symptoms, depending on the type, including:
- Feeling sensations in the body
- Hearing sounds (such as music, footsteps, or banging of doors) which is not real.
- Hearing voices of somebody calling you, which there is not anybody.
- Seeing objects, beings, or patterns or lights
- Smelling an odor (can be pleasant or foul and in one or both nostrils)
While the problems like which usually get faced accordingly.
Hearing Things (Auditory Hallucinations)
You actually sense that the sounds are coming from inside or outside your mind. You might hear the voices talking to each other. Causes which include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Posttraumatic stress disorder
- Hearing loss
Seeing Things (Visual Hallucinations)
For example, you might:
- Which is seeing the objects or things others don’t, like insects crawling on your hand or on the face of someone around.
- Seeing the objects with no definite shape actually, it is or seeing the things moving in ways they actually don’t
Feeling Things (Tactile or Somatic Hallucinations)
You might think you're being tickled even when no one else is around. You might feel some insects crawling around your skin, which is not real. Causes include:
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Drugs that make you hallucinate
- Delirium tremens
Hallucination’s condition is much often associated with the disorder schizophrenia, which is much combined with the mental illness characterized by disordered thoughts and behaviors.
Bipolar disorder presents along with hallucinations and delusions condition, which can also lead to a diagnosis of bipolar disorder with psychotic features.
As not only do the hallucinations occur or associated with the mental health conditions like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, but they can also occur with the following physical and psychological conditions as well:
- Alcohol or drug usage
- Auditory nerve disease
- Dissociative identity disorder (DID)
- Hallucinogen use