As a parent are you going through the bottle feeding to your baby, which may be whether completely or supplementing your breast milk, then you must understand and need to know how to prepare the right way of formula milk for bottle feeding to your child, and it also matters how you stored the milk. In case if you follow a certain set of rules for the concept, then it will be quite simple for you.
However, if are you using powder supplements, then always follow the recipe mentioned on the formula packaging, this is important for the child to receive the right amount of nutrition. If you add so much water it dilutes the essential nutrients present in the formula and your baby may not properly receive all the nutrients that are needed for the growth and development of the child. If you add an extra amount of powder, you risk damaging the child’s kidneys and other parts.
How to prepare formula for bottle feeding:
- • Wash hands before you start preparing
- • Clean the table and surroundings properly before you prepare the bottles
- • Make sure bottles and teats are clean and sterilized before preparing the formula
- • Use fresh drinking water to prepare. If using tap water always use cold water and let it run a little before putting it into the kettle
- • Boil the water
- • Mix powder and water, and shake the bottle well for the powder to dissolve.
- • Cool the bottle in cold water/ice water and check the temperature before serving.
- • If you are making more than one bottle at the same time, it is very important to cool them immediately in ice-cold water and store them in the fridge. (5 C or below)
It is completely ok to store baby bottles with the mixed baby bottles of formula in the fridge for up to 24 hours, you need to heat them when you need them. This means you e.g. you can make all bottles needed for nightly feeds for the baby before you go to bed, keep them refrigerated, and heat the baby bottle in seconds in the microwave.
Preparing the baby bottles in advance will save you precious minutes night and save the baby from becoming too much hunger and upset.
Most importantly never try to save the remaining half bottle of milk which the baby has already been drinking. Bacteria may presence over and develop on it, which can be harmful to the baby if they drink.